The Wood Floor Polishing Specialists
WoodMaster are Tunbridge Wells’s local wood floor polishing specialists. We are trained in dustless wood restoration, sanding, deep cleaning, scratch removal and sealing for both natural and engineered wood surfaces. Our equipment is amongst the best available on the market. Combine this with our in-house products and many years of experience and you’ll see why many homeowners and businesses choose WoodMaster to restore their wood floors, including: oak, pine, maple, birch, walnut and many more.
WoodMaster Tunbridge Wells are a local business which has been cleaning and restoring domestic and commercial wood floors for many years. Our wood floor care packages are tailored to meet the individual requirements of each floor we work on. Our polishing service is one of the best available today, achieving a fantastic finish for wooden floors that offers long-lasting protection and makes the floor easier to maintain going forward.
How to tell if your wood floors need polishing
- Faded and lifeless appearance?
- Has the wood lost the lustre from when it was first installed?
- Have scratches and scuffs from foot traffic started to ruin its appearance?
- Is there wear to the lacquer or oil, making it really tough to clean and maintain?
- Does mopping and regular cleaning make no difference?
Benefits of the service
- Professionally polishing offers a wonderful appearance
- Your floor life is maximised by with a professionally applied seal and protection
- Rough wooden floors become smoothed and soft under foot
- Routine maintenance becomes more simple
- The system we use is almost completely dust free, leaving your home or business in a clean condition
WoodMaster’s floor polishing process:
- Step 1 – First we complete a survey and provide a written estimate, without charge, to determine the requirements of the floor and best potential options. Once we have agreed on the full cost of the project we will organise a suitable time for staff to attend.
- Step 2 – Old sealers completely stripped from all edges right to the skirting boards using our dustless edging machines. We then treat the floor with our 3 head finishing machine, which gets rid of any micro fine scratches from the sanding process. Floor is left smooth and ready for the sealer.
- Step 4 – Finishes / stain options are shown on the floor so clients can picture a real life example of how the finish will appear. At this point we can also use a natural lacquer which gives a natural and lasting finish, and we could even apply a stain to add colour as desired and change the appearance of the floor completely.
- Step 5 – Add a base coat to fill up the wood and provide its first stage of protection.
- Step 6 – Once the base coat is dry we complete a sanding of the surface to smooth any areas that prickle up from the base coat of sealer, preparing the floor for the final finish.
- Step 7 – Next we use two coats of top finish, which can be a 1 or 2 pack lacquer, depending on the situation. We can also apply oils for a colour change or to enhance the smoothness of the floor.
- Step 8 – Once dry, the restoration is complete and ready for hand over, within a few hours furniture can be returned.
Full maintenance advice is provided along with guidance on after care products where requested.
Why choose WoodMaster:
- Fully insurance for all wood restoration work
- Fully trained restoration experts with access to industry leading products and equipment
- Quality added value of the service
- We always complete our work with minimum disruption to the surrounding areas
- Friendly, personal service from local experts
- We can move furniture for you
Depending on the type of wood and condition, excellent results can be achieved with our restoration services as we are bringing back a fresh new layer of the wood. However, an old Victorian pine floor will always look aged and have patina but this is often seen as a positive with the character of a period property.
The length of time required for the floor to dry depends on the type of product that is used. We will advise you once work is complete.
Yes, no problem. The sanding process will be selected so that we cut deep enough to remove the scratches and damage that is present. Also if Some holes and grooves are too deep to sand we can advise on a filing method that will improve the appearance of these areas.
All products used are within the manufacturer’s guidelines, and where applicable your flooring manufacture own brand products can be used.
We are happy to give a ballpark figure from pictures and room sizes, as this can help customer budgeting on renovation projects if they are unsure whether to restore or replace, but ultimately we would need to carry out a full survey and demo before any work can take place.