The Wood Floor Staining Specialists
WoodMaster are your local wood floor staining specialists in Tunbridge Wells, offering a huge range of finishes, from a simple natural floor varnish to a hard wax finish. We can also use oils and stains on your floors, providing a range of colours to suit any taste or match with existing decor.
Our wood floor staining services are among the best available. We can completely transform wooden floors without the cost of expensive replacements. We only use the best quality products that we know will endure for years to come, with long term guarantees available depending on your finish and usage.
Could your wood floors benefit from staining?
- Is your wood floor looking faded and dull?
- Has it lost its vibrant natural look?
- Has the lacquer or oil started to peel or degrade, making it impossible to clean and maintain?
- Has the floor been damaged by foot traffic and impacts from furniture?
- Does mopping fail to make an impact on the appearance of the floor?
Benefits of the service
- Improve the appearance of your floor with top quality sanding and a stain of your choice
- We’ll bring your solid wood floor back to near new condition
- Durable protection makes it simpler to maintain your floor moving forward
- The techniques we use are almost entirely dust free and we cause minimal disruption
WoodMaster’s floor staining process:
- Step 1 – Site survey and full written estimate to make clear the requirements of the floor and the best options for your staining. Here we can agree on cost and suitable time to attend.
- Step 2 – We begin with a full sanding of boards strip away all old lacquer and oils, bringing back the virgin boards. Our large industrial belt and planetary sanding machines make the wood smooth and flat, for a beautiful finish. We have also invested in a brand new 3 head machine that is custom made for modern engineered boards where belt sanders cannot be used.
- Step 3 – After we have stripped away the old sealer all the way up to the skirting boards, we then treat the floor with our 3 head finishing machine to sand out micro fine scratches from earlier in the process, leaving the floor smooth and ready for us to apply a coat of sealer.
- Step 4 – We’ll give you a demonstration of possible finishes and stain options on your floor so you can see exactly what the finish will look like. At this point we can also use a natural lacquer for a charming but durable finish. Stains can be applied if you would like to alter the look of the floor more dramatically.
- Step 5 – Now we apply a base coat to fill up the wood and provide its first stage of protection.
- Step 6 – Once the base coat has dried, we carry out a final light sanding of the floor to remove any areas that prickle up from the base coat. This prepares the floor for the final coats of finish.
- Step 7 – Application of 2 coats of top finish, which can be a 1 or 2 pack lacquer depending on the situation. We can apply oils when a colour change or enhanced level of smoothness is needed.
- Step 8 – Once dry, the floor is now ready to use once again. We’ll let you know how long you should wait until walking on it.
Full maintenance advice is provided and after care products where requested.
Why choose WoodMaster:
- Friendly, personalised service in your area
- We have fully comprehensive insurance for domestic and commercial work
- Health and safety trained team
- Team are trained in the U.K. at our national headquarters
- Quality added value of service
- Almost no disruption to you or your business’ operation
- We’re happy to move furniture
Depending on the type of wood and condition, excellent results can be achieved with our restoration services as we are bringing back a fresh new layer of the wood. However, an old Victorian pine floor will always look aged and have patina but this is often seen as a positive with the character of a period property.
Yes, we are happy to carry out a free demo on your wooden floor. We can show you the different types of stain side by side so you know exactly what you’re getting.
The length of time required for the floor to dry depends on the type of product that is used. We will advise you once work is complete.
Yes, no problem. The sanding process will be selected so that we cut deep enough to remove the scratches and damage that is present. Also if Some holes and grooves are too deep to sand we can advise on a filing method that will improve the appearance of these areas.
All products used are within the manufacturer’s guidelines, and where applicable your flooring manufacture own brand products can be used.
We are happy to give a ballpark figure from pictures and room sizes, as this can help customer budgeting on renovation projects if they are unsure whether to restore or replace, but ultimately we would need to carry out a full survey and demo before any work can take place.