The Engineered Wood Sanding Specialists
WoodMaster are “The Engineered Wood Sanding Specialists” in the North West of England. We specialise in dustless wood restoration, sanding, deep cleaning, scratch removal and sealing of all natural and engineered wood. We have the knowledge, products and equipment to breathe new life into every type of wood floor, including oak, pine, maple, birch, walnut and many more.
Based in Marple, Stockport, WoodMaster is a family run business which has been cleaning and restoring domestic and commercial wood floors in Manchester and Stockport for many years. We also offer cleaning in Cheshire, Lancashire, and all across the Northwest.
We offer many different cleaning packages to cater to your exact needs. Our sanding and restoration services are the fastest and most convenient you’ll find in the industry today. We are committed to meeting all of our clients’ needs and strive to resolve any issues or problems our customers have with their floors. Below you’ll find some recent projects we have completed.
How to tell if your engineered wood floors need restoration and sanding
- Is your engineered wood floor looking looking tired and lifeless?
- Has your engineered wood floor become dull, losing the natural look it had when first laid?
- Has your wood floor become scratched and scuffed from foot traffic?
- Has it been dented by impact damage from heels, chairs and furniture?
- Has the old lacquer or oil started to wear, making it hard to clean and maintain?
- Are you fed up of mopping and cleaning the floor for it to look no different after you’ve finished?
Benefits of the service
- Your engineered wood floor is restored back to near new condition
- Your floor life is extended by adding our hard wearing seal and protection, helping you to save on costly replacements
- Rough wood floor becomes smooth again under foot, bringing back that homely, just laid feel
- Our durable protection makes it easier to maintain moving forward
- Our system is 98.7% dust free and we aim to cause minimal disruption
WoodMaster’s engineered wood floor restoration process:
- Step 1 – Our free site survey, including a full written estimate to discuss the requirements and best potential options for your wood floor. We will agree on the full costs of the project and arrange suitable dates for our work to be completed. We always arrive on time and see the job through until it is complete, with minimum disruption to you or your business.
- Step 2 – Full sanding to remove any old lacquer and oils, bringing back virgin boards. We have invested in large industrial belt and planetary sanding machines which cut your board smooth and flat, giving it the best finish, including our new 3 head machine that is designed for modern engineered boards where belt sanders are not suitable.
- Step 3 – Complete removal of old sealers around all edges right to the skirting boards using our dustless edging machines. We then treat the floor with our 3 head finishing machine to remove micro fine scratches from sanding process, and leave the floor smooth and ready for the application of sealer.
- Step 4 – We will discuss and present sample of finishes / stain options in live environment so you can see a real life example of how the finish will look. Here we can also apply a natural lacquer which gives a wonderful but durable finish. We can even apply a stain to add colour and change the look of the floor completely if you like.
- Step 5 – Apply a base coat to fill up the wood and give it its first stage of protection.
- Step 6 – Once the base coat is dry we carry out a light sand of the floor one last time to remove any areas that prickle up from the base coat of sealer, preparing the floor for the finish.
- Step 7 – Application of 2 coats of top finish. This can be a 1 or 2 pack lacquer depending on the environment or we can also apply oils when a colour change or premium level for smoothness is required.
- Step 8 – Once dry, the floor is now complete and ready for hand over and furniture can be replaced. Floors are normally ready for light traffic with socks and slippers after a few hours.
Full maintenance advice and after care products can be provided where requested.
Why choose WoodMaster:
- Fully insured for domestic and commercial work
- Health and safety compliant
- Fully trained team
- Quality added value of service
- Minimum disruption
- Friendly personal service
- We move furniture
Depending on the type of wood and condition, excellent results can be achieved with our restoration services as we are bringing back a fresh new layer of the wood. However, an old Victorian pine floor will always look aged and have patina but this is often seen as a positive with the character of a period property.
Yes, we are happy to carry out a free demo on your engineered wooden floor. The best way for us to do this is to bring one of the smaller dustless edging machines and sand 1 board x 1m of linear length. This will show the natural colour the wood returns to and we can then discuss which product is best to return the wood to the colour or look of your preference. The demo is also great as it can allow us to work out how many sanding grits and processes are required, which also helps with firming up a fixed cost for the project.
Depending on the level of damage and thickness of old surface finishes, most household projects under 50 sqm take 1.5 days. On the first day we can sand the areas and get the base coat on. This is left to dry and then we return the following morning to start applying the 2 top coats. Again, smaller rooms with furniture take longer, whereas bigger open spaces which are completely clear can be completed in a timely fashion.
The length of time required for the floor to dry depends on the type of product that is used. We will advise you once work is complete.
Yes, no problem. The sanding process will be selected so that we cut deep enough to remove the scratches and damage that is present. Also if Some holes and grooves are too deep to sand we can advise on a filing method that will improve the appearance of these areas.
Every job is different but during the free survey we measure up, do a free demonstration clean to show the results we can achieve, and from this we send over a full proposal for you to browse at your own leisure. We do not give prices on the day or put you under any pressure for an answer there and then
We are happy to give a ballpark figure from pictures and room sizes, as this can help customer budgeting on renovation projects if they are unsure whether to restore or replace, but ultimately we would need to carry out a full survey and demo before any work can take place.