The Parquet Floor Restoration and Sanding Specialists
WoodMaster are “The Parquet Floor Cleaning, Sanding & Restoration Specialists” in the North West of England. We specialise in dustless wood restoration, sanding, deep cleaning, scratch removal and sealing of all natural and engineered wood. We have all the knowledge, products and equipment to clean and restore all types of parquet flooring.
A family run company based in Marple, Stockport, WoodMaster has been cleaning and restoring both domestic and commercial wood floors, in Manchester and Stockport for many years. Our cleaning services also extend to Cheshire, Lancashire, and throughout the Northwest. All of our cleaning packages are tailored to meet your individual needs.
Our parquet floor restoration and sanding services are most convenient and efficient available in the industry today. We are committed to meeting all our client’s needs and love to resolve any issues and problems our customers have with their floors. Below are some recent projects we have carried out.
How to tell if your parquet floors need restoration and sanding
- Has your parquet floor become tired and lifeless?
- Has your parquet floor lost its natural look from when it was first laid?
- Is it scratched and scuffed from foot traffic?
- Has it been damaged by furniture?
- Has the old lacquer or oil started to wear, making it hard to clean and maintain?
- Are you fed up of mopping and cleaning the floor to see no improvement?
Benefits of the service
- Parquet floor is restored back to near new condition
- The life of the floor is extended by adding our hard wearing seal and protection
- Rough parquet floors become smooth and pleasant again under foot
- Our durable protection makes it easier to maintain moving forward
- Our system is 98.7% dust free and we aim to cause minimal disruption
WoodMaster’s parquet floor restoration process:
- Step 1 – Free site survey and full written estimate to discuss your specific situation and what options you have with your parquet floor. We will agree on the full costs of the project and arrange suitable dates for work to be carried out. We pride ourselves on arriving on time and seeing the job through until it is complete, with minimum disruption to you.
- Step 2 – Full sanding of boards to remove old lacquer and oils to bring back virgin boards. We have large industrial belt and planetary sanding machines which cut your board smooth and flat, giving it the best finish. We also have a state of the art 3 head machine that is designed for newly engineered boards where belt sanders are not suitable for use.
- Step 3 – Complete removal of old sealers around all edges right to the skirting boards using our dustless edging machines. Then we treat the floor with our 3 head finishing machine to remove micro scratches from our sanding process, leaving the floor beautifully smooth and ready for sealer to be applied.
- Step 4 – Show samples of finishes / stain options in a live environment so you can see exactly how the finish will look. Here we can apply a natural lacquer which gives an aesthetically pleasing but durable finish. We can even apply a stain to add colour and change the look of the floor completely.
- Step 5 – We apply a base coat to fill up the parquet floor and give it its first layer of protection.
- Step 6 – Once the base coat is dry we carry out a light sand of the floor one last time to remove any areas that prickle up from the base coat of sealer. This prepares the floor for the final finish.
- Step 7 – Application of 2 coats of top finish. This can be a 1 or 2 pack lacquer depending on the environment, or we can apply oils when a colour change or premium level of smoothness is requested.
- Step 8 – After a few hours, when it has finished drying, the floor is ready for furniture and light foot traffic with socks and slippers.
Full maintenance advice can be provided, and you can purchase after care products where requested.
Why choose WoodMaster:
- Fully insured for domestic and commercial work
- We are health and safety compliant
- We have invested in the best training for our team
- Quality added value of service
- Minimum disruption to your home or business
- Friendly personal service
- We move furniture
It depends on the original condition of your parquet floor, but we can normally restore it to a just-laid finish.
The length of process varies depending on the level of damage and thickness of the old surface, but normally most household projects under 50 sqm take about 1.5 days. On the first day we can do the sanding and apply the base coat. This is then left to dry and we’ll return the following morning to start applying the 2 top coats. Again, smaller rooms with furniture take longer, whereas bigger open spaces with no furniture can be completed more quickly.
The length of time required for the floor to dry depends on the type of product that is used. We will advise you once work is complete.
Yes, no problem. The sanding process will be selected so that we cut deep enough to remove the scratches and damage that is present. Also if Some holes and grooves are too deep to sand we can advise on a filing method that will improve the appearance of these areas.
Yes, we are happy to carry out a free demo on your wooden floor. The best way for us to do this is to bring one of the smaller dustless edging machines and sand 1 board x 1m of linear length. This will show the natural colour the wood returns to and we can then discuss which product is best to return the wood to the colour or look of your preference. The demo is also great as it can allow us to work out how many sanding grits and processes are required, which also helps with firming up a fixed cost for the project.
Every job is different but during the free survey we measure up, do a free demonstration clean to show the results we can achieve, and from this we send over a full proposal for you to browse at your own leisure. We do not give prices on the day or put you under any pressure for an answer there and then
All products used are within the manufacturer’s guidelines, and where applicable your flooring manufacture own brand products can be used.
We are happy to give a ballpark figure from pictures and room sizes, as this can help customer budgeting on renovation projects if they are unsure whether to restore or replace, but ultimately we would need to carry out a full survey and demo before any work can take place.