The Wood Floor Staining Specialists
WoodMaster are “The Wood Floor Staining Specialists” in the North West of England. We offer a wide range of finishes from a simple floor varnish to a hard wax finish. Additionally, oils and stains can provide a greater range of colours to suit your taste or match to your existing furniture or floor.
We only use quality products that will give you satisfaction for years to come. Some of our products offer long term guarantees depending on your finish and usage, and we can recommend the best products to suit your individual needs!
A family run company based in Marple, Stockport, WoodMaster has been cleaning and restoring wood floors in homes and businesses across Manchester and Stockport for many years. We also offer cleaning in Cheshire, Lancashire, and throughout the Northwest.
Our wood floor staining services are the most efficient and convenient available in the industry today. We can completely rejuvenate your wood floors, without the need to shell out on expensive replacements! Underneath you’ll find some recent projects we’ve carried out.
Could your wood floors benefit from staining?
- Is your wood floor looking looking tired and lifeless?
- Has it lost its natural look from when first laid?
- Has your wood floor become scratched and dented from foot traffic or furniture?
- Has the old lacquer or oil started to wear, making it hard to clean and maintain?
- Are you fed up of mopping and cleaning the floor just for it to lose its lustre again?
Benefits of the service
- Enhance your home’s character with high quality sanding and a stain of your choice
- We can restore your solid wood floor back to near new condition
- Our durable protection makes it easier to maintain moving forward
- Our system is 98.7% dust free and we aim to cause minimal disruption
WoodMaster’s floor staining process:
- Step 1 – Free site survey and full written estimate to discuss the requirements of the floor and best potential options for your floor. We will agree on the full cost of the project and arrange suitable dates for work to be carried out.
- Step 2 – When we arrive, we begin with a full sanding of boards to remove old lacquer and oils, bringing back virgin boards. Our large industrial belt and planetary sanding machines cut your board smooth and flat, giving it the best finish. We have also recently invested in a new 3 head machine that is designed for modern engineered boards where belt sanders are not suitable for use.
- Step 3 – Complete removal of old sealers around all edges right to the skirting boards using our dustless edging machines. We then treat the floor with our 3 head finishing machine to remove micro fine scratches from the sanding process, leaving the floor smooth and ready for the application of sealer.
- Step 4 – We’ll give you a demonstration of finishes / stain options on your floor so you can get an idea of how the finish will look. Here we can also apply a natural lacquer which gives a charming but durable finish. We can also apply a stain to add colour if you want to change the look of the floor completely.
- Step 5 – Apply a base coat to fill up the wood and give it is first stage of protection.
- Step 6 – Once the base coat is dry we carry out a light sand the floor one last time to remove any areas that prickle up from the base coat of sealer. This prepares the floor for the final finish.
- Step 7 – Application of 2 coats of top finish. This can be a 1 or 2 pack lacquer depending on the environment or we can apply oils when a colour change or premium level of smoothness is required.
- Step 8 – Once dry the floor is now ready for handover. Furniture can be moved back and the floor is normally ready to be walked on in socks and slippers after a few hours.
Full maintenance advice is provided and after care products where requested.
Why choose WoodMaster:
- Fully insured for domestic and commercial work
- Health and safety compliant
- Fully trained team
- Quality added value of service
- Minimum disruption to you or your business
- Friendly personal service
- We’re happy to move furniture
Depending on the type of wood and condition, excellent results can be achieved with our restoration services as we are bringing back a fresh new layer of the wood. However, an old Victorian pine floor will always look aged and have patina but this is often seen as a positive with the character of a period property.
Yes, we are happy to carry out a free demo on your wooden floor. We can show you the different types of stain side by side so you know exactly what you’re getting.
The length of time required for the floor to dry depends on the type of product that is used. We will advise you once work is complete.
Yes, no problem. The sanding process will be selected so that we cut deep enough to remove the scratches and damage that is present. Also if Some holes and grooves are too deep to sand we can advise on a filing method that will improve the appearance of these areas.
All products used are within the manufacturer’s guidelines, and where applicable your flooring manufacture own brand products can be used.
We are happy to give a ballpark figure from pictures and room sizes, as this can help customer budgeting on renovation projects if they are unsure whether to restore or replace, but ultimately we would need to carry out a full survey and demo before any work can take place.