The Wood Floor Polishing Specialists
WoodMaster are “The Wood Floor Polishing Specialists in the North West of England.” We are adept in dustless wood restoration, sanding, deep cleaning, scratch removal and sealing of all natural and engineered wood. We have all the equipment, products and many years of knowledge required to polish all wooden floors, including: oak, pine, maple, birch, walnut and many more.
WoodMaster is a family run company based in Marple, Stockport, and we’ve been cleaning and restoring domestic and commercial wood floors in Manchester and Stockport for many years. We also offer cleaning in Cheshire, Lancashire, and throughout the Northwest.
All of our cleaning packages are tailored to meet your individual needs. Our polishing service is the fastest and most convenient available in the industry today, bringing a fantastic finish to your floors that provides lasting protection and makes it easier for you to clean. Below are some recent projects we have carried out.
How to tell if your wood floors need polishing
- Is your wood floor looking looking tired and lifeless?
- Has it lost its natural look from when it was first laid?
- Has it become scratched and scuffed from foot traffic or dented by furniture?
- Has the old lacquer or oil started to wear, making it hard to clean and maintain?
- Are you fed up of mopping and cleaning the floor for it to quickly lose its lustre?
Benefits of the service
- Wood floor is beautifully polished
- Your floor life is extended by with our hard wearing seal and protection
- Rough wood floors become smooth and homely again under foot
- Our durable protection makes it easier to maintain moving forward
- Our system is 98.7% dust free and we aim to cause minimal disruption
WoodMaster’s floor polishing process:
- Step 1 – Free site survey and full written estimate to discuss the requirements of the floor and best potential options for your wood floor. Agree on full cost of project and arrange suitable dates for work to be carried out. We pride ourselves on arriving on time and see the job through till it is complete, with minimum disruption to you.
- Step 2 – Complete removal of old sealers around all edges right to the skirting boards using our dustless edging machines. Treat floor with our 3 head finishing machine to remove micro fine scratches from sanding process, and leave the floor smooth and ready for the application of sealer.
- Step 4 – Discuss and show sample of finishes / stain option in live environment so you can see a real life example of how the finish will look. Here we can apply a natural lacquer which gives a wonderful but durable finish. We can also apply a stain to add colour and change the look of the floor completely
- Step 5 – Apply a base coat to fill up the wood and give it its first stage of protection.
- Step 6 – Once the base coat is dry we carry out a light sanding of the floor to remove any areas that prickle up from the base coat of sealer and this prepares the floor for the final finish.
- Step 7 – Application of 2 coats of top finish. This can be a 1 or 2 pack lacquer depending on the environment or we also can apply oils when a colour change or premium level of smoothness is required.
- Step 8 – Once dry, the floor is now complete and ready for hand over. After a few hours furniture can be replaced and it is normally ready for light traffic with socks and slippers.
Full maintenance advice is provided and after care products where requested.
Why choose WoodMaster:
- Fully insured for domestic and commercial work
- Health and safety compliant
- Fully trained team
- Quality added value of service
- Minimum disruption
- Friendly personal service
- We can move furniture
Depending on the type of wood and condition, excellent results can be achieved with our restoration services as we are bringing back a fresh new layer of the wood. However, an old Victorian pine floor will always look aged and have patina but this is often seen as a positive with the character of a period property.
The length of time required for the floor to dry depends on the type of product that is used. We will advise you once work is complete.
Yes, no problem. The sanding process will be selected so that we cut deep enough to remove the scratches and damage that is present. Also if Some holes and grooves are too deep to sand we can advise on a filing method that will improve the appearance of these areas.
All products used are within the manufacturer’s guidelines, and where applicable your flooring manufacture own brand products can be used.
We are happy to give a ballpark figure from pictures and room sizes, as this can help customer budgeting on renovation projects if they are unsure whether to restore or replace, but ultimately we would need to carry out a full survey and demo before any work can take place.