The Solid Wood Floor Restoration Specialists
WoodMaster are “The Solid Wood Floor Restoration Specialists” in the North West of England. We are highly skilled in dustless wood restoration, sanding, deep cleaning, scratch removal and sealing of all natural and engineered wood. Over the years we have invested in all the training and equipment required to clean and restore all floor types, including oak, pine, maple, birch, walnut and many more.
A family run company based in Marple, Stockport, WoodMaster has been cleaning and restoring wood floors in homes and businesses across Manchester and Stockport for many years. We also offer cleaning in Cheshire, Lancashire, and throughout the Northwest. All of our cleaning packages are tailored to meet your individual needs.
Our solid wood floor restoration services are the most efficient and convenient available in the industry today. Whatever issue you have with your wood floors, TileMaster is the company to ask. Underneath you’ll find some recent projects we’ve carried out.
How to tell when your solid wood floors need restoring
- Is your wood floor looking looking tired and lifeless?
- Has it lost its natural look from when first laid?
- Has your wood floor become scratched and scuffed from foot traffic?
- Has it suffered from impact damage?
- Does it have heel marks and dents from chairs and furniture?
- Has the old lacquer or oil started to wear, making it hard to clean and maintain?
- Are you fed up of mopping and cleaning the floor just for it to lose its lustre again?
Benefits of the service
- We will restore your solid wood floor back to near new condition
- The lifespan of your floor will be extended, saving you money expensive replacements
- Rough wood floors become smooth and homely again under foot
- Our durable protection makes it easier to maintain moving forward
- Our system is 98.7% dust free and we aim to cause minimal disruption
WoodMaster’s solid floor restoration process:
- Step 1 – Free site survey and full written estimate to discuss the requirements of the floor and best potential options for your floor. We will agree on the full cost of the project and arrange suitable dates for work to be carried out.
- Step 2 – When we arrive, we begin with a full sanding of boards to remove old lacquer and oils, bringing back virgin boards. Our large industrial belt and planetary sanding machines cut your board smooth and flat, giving it the best finish. We have also recently invested in a new 3 head machine that is designed for modern engineered boards where belt sanders are not suitable for use.
- Step 3 – Complete removal of old sealers around all edges right to the skirting boards using our dustless edging machines. We then treat the floor with our 3 head finishing machine to remove micro fine scratches from the sanding process, leaving the floor smooth and ready for the application of sealer.
- Step 4 – We’ll give you a demonstration of finishes / stain options on your floor so you can get an idea of how the finish will look. Here we can also apply a natural lacquer which gives a charming but durable finish. We can also apply a stain to add colour if you want to change the look of the floor completely.
- Step 5 – Apply a base coat to fill up the wood and give it is first stage of protection.
- Step 6 – Once the base coat is dry we carry out a light sand the floor one last time to remove any areas that prickle up from the base coat of sealer. This prepares the floor for the final finish.
- Step 7 – Application of 2 coats of top finish. This can be a 1 or 2 pack lacquer depending on the environment or we can apply oils when a colour change or premium level of smoothness is required.
- Step 8 – Once dry the floor is now ready for handover. Furniture can be moved back and the floor is normally ready to be walked on in socks and slippers after a few hours.
Full maintenance advice is provided and after care products where requested.
Why choose WoodMaster:
- Fully insured for domestic and commercial work
- Health and safety compliant
- Fully trained team
- Quality added value of service
- Minimum disruption
- Friendly personal service
- Unlike many competitors, we move furniture!
Depending on the type of wood and condition, excellent results can be achieved with our restoration services as we are bringing back a fresh new layer of the wood. However, an old Victorian pine floor will always look aged and have patina but this is often seen as a positive with the character of a period property.
The length of time required for the floor to dry depends on the type of product that is used. We will advise you once work is complete.
Yes, no problem. The sanding process will be selected so that we cut deep enough to remove the scratches and damage that is present. Also if Some holes and grooves are too deep to sand we can advise on a filing method that will improve the appearance of these areas.
Yes, we are happy to carry out a free demo on your wooden floor. The best way for us to do this is to bring one of the smaller dustless edging machines and sand 1 board x 1m of linear length. This will show the natural colour the wood returns to and we can then discuss which product is best to return the wood to the colour or look of your preference. The demo is also great as it can allow us to work out how many sanding grits and processes are required, which also helps with firming up a fixed cost for the project.
Depending on the level of damage and thickness of old surface finishes, most household projects under 50 sqm take 1.5 days. On the first day we can sand the areas and get the base coat on. This is left to dry and then we return the following morning to start applying the 2 top coats. Again, smaller rooms with furniture take longer, whereas bigger open spaces which are completely clear can be completed in a timely fashion.
Every job is different but during the free survey we measure up, do a free demonstration clean to show the results we can achieve, and from this we send over a full proposal for you to browse at your own leisure. We do not give prices on the day or put you under any pressure for an answer there and then
All products used are within the manufacturer’s guidelines, and where applicable your flooring manufacture own brand products can be used.
We are happy to give a ballpark figure from pictures and room sizes, as this can help customer budgeting on renovation projects if they are unsure whether to restore or replace, but ultimately we would need to carry out a full survey and demo before any work can take place.